Monday, January 09, 2006

Can't sleep.

For some reason or another, I woke up at 2pm and could not go back to sleep. So, like every other night person that can not sleep, I turned on the tv. I watched a few of episodes of TNG that I know that I have seen atleast 3 time each and then proceeded to channel surf. There was nothing of real interest on, but I did see a little documentary on Denali National Park. I love to go camping, hiking, and canoeing. This made me think, when wasthe last time that I actually went REAL camping and not some over nighter? The answer is about 6 or 7 years. So, for the fun of it, I typed in my address and the park mentioned above adress into my DeLorme Street Atlas, and came up with the following:
Total Distance - 4,061.90 miles
Gas Bill - $564.15 one way
Estimated fuel stops - 13 one way
Estimated arrival - 99:33:28

I also looked at the web page. There were some interesting facts on it, but nothing of much help. Basically, it says to talk to a visitor center. It may be cheaper to fly up there and rent the supplies. BUT, any way you look at it, I will not be affording something this costly any time soon, although there are credit cards :).
I know that that is not the answer, but judging by how many applications they send to me in mail box per day you could easily come up with that solution. Anyway, more later. I think it is time to get a nap in before work tonight. They have cut the grocery crew down to 2 people tonight and we have a 800+ case truck comeing tonight, so I ahve alot of work to do. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home