Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Fun day with AAA

This semester is really light so I had today pretty much compeletely off from school. I went to Tyler today to see what it was going to take to go to UT@Tyler to do some of the killer engineering courses like Statics, Dynamis, and possibly Thermodynamis. Fun Stuff. Well, my trip there was non helpful because the person that I needed to talk to was out for the day. Rats, oh well. So I went down the road to my church and chatted with our asistant pastor. We talked for a long time. Then I went to Red Springs and visited my friend http://joeyseverydaylife.blogspot.com/ We chatted for an hour or so, then I went home and ate lunch around 1:30 or so. I chatted with mom for a bit, then went to Lindale. I chatted with many old friends in Lindale, ate dinner and left Lindale around 6pm.

Now for the whole reason I decided to post

On the way home, about 6:45 I stopped to help a poor guy with Canada plates on his mini van. He had been there for about 40 min or so trying to flag someone down. No problem, I let him use my cell phone and he called AAA. Huge mistake. Don't ever, ever, ever call AAA if you want help within less than 3 hours. Okay, I exaggerated , it was only 2 hours. He called AAA and when they asked for directions to give to a tow truck driver, I told them the mile marker that I was at (which was not 40 feet from where we were), the closest exit (Barber Road), and that we were on the east bound side of I20. Simple enough no? I decided to stick around because I had a gut feeling that not all was dandy. After an hour, I got him to call back. They could not find where we were. I was then given the phone again, and she told me the directions. She said that we had said that we were 10 miles from Winona. So, I repeated the directions to here again. She repeated them to me. 10 min later I get a phone call from the wrecker service asking for directions. I repeated the directions again to him and he wanted to know why I did not tell AAA those directions to begin with. Apparentally, AAA ignored my directions and gave them the stupid ones that had them looking on the Tyler side of Winona instead of the Longview side of Winona. Grr.

So here is the correct way to get road side assistance. (outside of East Texas)
1. Call up someone that you know has internet access.
2. Google roadside assitance for the closest town pased
3. Call first tow truck or assistance provider to see what your options are

It is that simple, or if you are in close to LETU or Tyler call my cell phone number. I leave it on my away messssage enough that you can write it down for future refrence. BUT, NEVER EVER call AAAA unless you are despirate, but 911 would probably be quicker and safer. (In the Texas driver's handbook thing that you are suposed to read, it actually says to call 911 in its newest edition.)

Anyway, in all it was a fun day that I was able to get 2 job leads that might be of some use if I turn in applications. Anyway, calc, circuits, and physics need to be done. Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home