Saturday, February 12, 2005

Happenings and anime

Well, this weekend is Heratiage weekend and there are all sorts of parents and previewers here. The wierd, but good non the less, thing that they did last night was to have steak at SAGA. Now don't get me wrong, it was goos stuff by SAGA standards, but the previewers and most of the parents ate at a diffrent loaction. All the same, I have been doping okay. I am loking at my hw stack and not looking foward to completing it. I have been watching anime a bit this semseter. I found a series called "The Scrapped Princess." So far it is a pretty good series. It is one a the few series that I would not mind showing to my parents. The problem with most anime is that the Japanese culture is alot diffrent than Americans, and especially those of the Bible Belt. Japanese tend to include many things about sex and relationships. Most characters do not wear much clothing and somethimes if they wear clothing it is not for long. I try to stay away from the types of anime that I just described. There are many series of "good" anime that have interesitng plots and interesting meanings. One of my favorite examples that makes anime interging is Evangelion Neon Genises. I will try to describe it with out giving everythig away, but it is a good example. The series has alot of moral debating on the inside about everythig from religion to cloning. There are all sorts of things that can be read in between the lines, but there are all sorts of things that they come out and say. Then there are sereis like Witch Hunter Robin. This series is of course about witches and it is a little along the boarder line on what is being taught. I would not recomend it to someone whom can not discern fact from fiction because they talk alot near the end of the series about the devil and stuff of that sort, but it does teach about treating people equaling, even if you do not understand them. Well, I would like to tell you more about the diffrent series that I have watched, but my hw is calling and I am going home for the weekend. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home