Monday, February 07, 2005

Desicions

Well, I have till Friday at noon to make a huge set of desicions. I am considering signing up for the RA position on 41 next semester. If I go with this route, I will have to go to LETU next semster (obioviously). My grades here are not as good as they need to be. I am bringing them up, but that is still not good enough because I still have 3 of the hardest classes left to go: Statics, Dynamics, and then Thermodynamics. After those three classes, mechanical engineering classes are suposed to be easier. Any way I look at it, I have 2 years left. I have been considering changing majors, but I would not like doing that due to the pay loss in the real world. That brings up an interesting point though, am I doing this for the money? I don't think I am, but after spending so much money, I might have to find a way to pay it back when I graduate. I know how to live off of no money. I can do work on the side. 80 hour weeks are not foreign to me, I did that working at the grocery store and road service. Ah, those were the days. Wish I could go back to them. Things were alot easier back then. I worked, changed clothes, bought gatorade, went back to work doing all sorts of stuff. When the phone stopped ringing around 4am, go to bed and wake up around 6am and return to the grocery store( of course this was during the summer). On days off, it was not uncommon for me to have several thousand in the bank and atleast 400 in my pocket. Wow, collge and vehicles eat up money. So, back on subject, what should I do? I need to decide. I also consided going to UT Tyler to finish my degree, but the more I look at their stuff, the more that I see that they are not where I need to be. There are many engineering colleges out there, but I like LETU, even if it is harder, requires more, and doesn't have any PCA church (not a requirement, but would be nice to have friends with closer to the same beliefs) attending students to my knowledge. Anyway, it is way later than I intended to stay up, so I must go to sleep. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home