Tuesday, March 22, 2005

AR Books

When I was in Middle School and High School, there was a program called Accelerated Reader Program where everyone read books and then took a test to see if you read the book. Every book was worth a certain amount of points. The amount of points a book was given was determined by its reading level and how long it was. There are probably more reasons, but that is the easiest way to say it. I looked for the lists that I had at home to see if I could find them so that I could post some of the titles to the books that I had read. I only found a list that I had read in the 10th grade. This list was generated about halfway throught the semester. I am putting the books that I remember liking here (or books that I think people might want to read).
The Deerslayer
The Pool of fire
Mutiny on the Bounty
Rifles for Watie
To Kill a Mockingbird
Daddy Long Legs
All Quiet on the Western Front
Two Years Before the Mast
Cold Mountain
The Runner
The Island
The Warrior's Path
The Daybreakers
A Little Bit Dead
The Haymeadow
The Machine Gunners
THe Tall Stranger
The Sky-Liners
Majave Crossing
Mustang Man
To Tame a Land
Ride the Dark Trail
Treasure Mountain
Last of the Breed
Most of the last half were louis Lamour books. For some reason I ran out of "big" books early. I remember reading "Walden" in the 9th grade. I took alot of what he said to be humor, but I could have been wrong. I wish that I had more of the list of books that I have read. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but remeber that I read these books listed above about 7 years ago.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

*begins writing down list*

March 22, 2005 7:20 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

AR! i miss AR.... i did that obssessively for three years in middle school... to the point that i'd get grounded from reading :-P and thus began my obsession w/ books...

March 30, 2005 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home