Monday, March 13, 2006

Computers

What happens when the computer guy's computer breaks? THe computer guy's computer does not get fixed until he spends money that should of been spent elsewhere. That is right. My motherboard on my desktop died several weeks ago. I was ablt to get last Sat. off to go to FirstSaturday and purchase another motherboard. Actually, I ended up going to Fry's. The best thing about Fry's is that they are good about keeping full shelves. When there is a particular part that does not work right, then it is returned and the shelve will be full of the returns. This is your sign to look at another model of motherboard or other computer component. The motherbard I wanted was about $30, but after seeing that there was one un opened motherboard and 20 returned ones, I looked a the ad to see what I could get. So, I eneded up getting the motherboard cpu combo and spending $120 instead of $30. Oh well, I got a computer upgrade out of the thing. There were not any returned ones in the bin where my motherboard came from, so I am sure that this model is ok. Anyway, I now have a better computer because of the situation. Now if I could only find a way to make laptops that easy to upgrade..... Well, I must sleep later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home