Sunday, January 02, 2005

Wireless Phones.

I have been researching wireless phones because my 2 year contract is out and everyone is trying to switch over to GSM. Plus, I do not use my cell phone as much as I did before I went to LETU ( have schoolwork and little things of that ort keeping me form having time to use it). For your information, GSM is the newest thing in the US when it comes to wireless signals for cell phones. It allows you to got to webpages, download songs to your phone and all sorts of other expensive stuff. This is still kid stuff. To give you an idea of how far behind we are, in Japan they are installing GSM3 which lets you do more stuff for cheaper. I want to stay with TDMA, also known as digital, because right now it is the most widely used type signal available in the US. Even then, it still has holes larger than 20 miles wide in East Texas where you can not get any sort of signal. If you did not already know, Cingular bought out AT&T. Cingular has decided that they do not want to sell digital phones or wireless plans, so I am pretty much stuck with what I have. I would get rid of the phone all together, but year around if some one needs or wants to get in touch with me, the cell phone is the only way. Between running service calls for dad and doing odd jobs, I hardly come home to sleep much less recive phone messages (providing someone writes them down). I think that I am just going to stay with what I have for now, but if you want to know more about cell phones in East Texas, let me know and I will be glad to share more of my findings. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home