Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Random stuff

I am a little scatter brained right now, but I needed to post, so here is what I am thinking about :

I cleaned up my desk today to find it. I now have proof of where this semester has run off to, I filled 2 notebooks full of hw, quizes, and tests. It is amazing how much I have done. I knew that I had spent many hours doing it, but I did not know that I had that much done.
I am sorry that I have not posted much lately. I have been preoccupied with hw and tests. I can't wait till this weekend, I get a break. I get to work around the house and look for a job, does that sound like fun?

Here is something that I have been plagued with lately. About a month ago, a friend wierded out and thought that I was after her as a girlfriend, but to tell you the truth, I had put of the thought of chasing girls and girlfriends in general due to the fact that I did not think that schoolwork and girls could coexist while mataining grades. Never the less, she brought the thought back to existance, but I was able to push it back for a few. Then another friend of mine (an older guy(68ish) that I was helping move due to his disabilities) started in on me about not have a girlfriend or atleast chasing after a particular girl in general that is a member of my church. That pushed the limits. Then mom and dad heard him bugging me about it and started in on it. I did not think parents were suposed to suport dating, but aparently mine want me to atleast go out with this girl. I will have to say she is a nice girl. The Lord has blessed her with many talents, but should I or should I not go after her. I have been toying with this for several weeks, but have not come to a decision. The interesting part about it is that her parents are for it too, and because of this, the poor girl is afraid to hold a conversation with me. THis makes it hard fo rme to figure her out without actually asking her on a date and starting a ruckus at church. We both were "born" in the church, but she did not attend Sunday school classes because she wanted to be in her sister's classes because she is sy to begin with. Our parents have something cooking, but I have yet to figure it all out. I do know that this weekend that she is going to bring her car out for me and my dad to look at (she will be going to SFA and needs to know if the car will make it several trips). For the moment, I am going to sit back and see what happens. I have prayed about it. I thought about it, but have not come up with anything closer to the solution. I think I have said too much here, but I figured I would give someone somthing to laugh at.
What is everyone's take on DC++? I like the file shareing program. I get Linux stuff and Anime from prople on campus. This is a win-win situation for eveeryone. The things that I am downloading with it are legal to download. Linux distros are huge. It would take me days to download. I, of course, would use a multi threading downloading program so that I would be able to download it faster and use up more bandwidth. This would make others unhappy. So, if I use DC++ I am downloading from some one that has already goen through the process of spending hours and hours of downloading therefore helping others that are using the schools internet connection. Of course there are things that are shared that are illegal, but it is like rifles, just because the user shoots someone does not mean that the next person that wants to go hunting should have to suffer because someone else did something that was wrong. Use your head, no matter what you do, people will find ways around things if you try to limit what they want to do, especially at a school full of engineers.
Well, I must sleep. I have a quiz in statics that I have yet to really understand the material for, so I must run. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home