Friday, December 03, 2004

Update before review week.

Well, nothing came about last weekend when I looked at a friend's car, she was so scared, she got her mom to bring the car out to my parents' house. Oh well. I was not expecting too much. So, does any one actuall read blogs any more? It has been a while since anyone has posted, and even longer since anyone has posted comments. I wander if anyone actually reads my blog anymore? I will have to say that I am guilty of not reading blogs. I have been playing in the Yahoo Chat rooms, aminly in Dtudy Group 1. I have been meeting all sorts of interesting people. I have run accross an interesting thing that looks like a scam. I am going to have to look into it to make sure that I don't get in trouble. Here is how the story goes. First it says that it is a he and needs help on a hw. That goes okay and everything. A few days later (if I did not log my ims I would not know the person form any onther) claims that it is a she and that she would like to chat. So you chat with them about 10 minutes or so, enough that they start to run out of things to say then they ask for your email, some times it is less than 8 minutes. They send you a pic of some cover girl model that is actually clothed. Then for 2 or 3 days longer, they periodically instant message you an may email you. Then just when you think that you might want to keep on chatting as a pin pall or something, it nails you with a request for a your home address to send you some money form some relative here in the US to send to them (assuming that they are in nigeria, Africa, or some eastern country) via western union or something of the sort. That is rather interesting, why can't the relative send it? If you ask that question, it disappears for a day or two and asks you again. I am going to keep callining he,she, it, or what ever it is "it" due lack of a better name. Well, due to how late it is and how much I have written I am goiing to log out. Maybe some one else has seen this scam or what ever it is? Well, let me know, you have no reason you can't, I have left my yahoo nickname in my profile and there is a comments section here too. Later all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

1) Yes, your blog is read, by at least one person, :-)though not on a daily basis, and I was without some of my bookmarked blogs for a while.

2) "Some blogs" are harder to read than others, because they NEVER PUT IN ANY FREAKIN' PARAGRAPHS! (incidentally, if one has trouble organizing one's thoughts, it is remotely possible they will have trouble organizing their time, prioritities for homework :-)

3) YES, IT IS A SCAM! I delete any emails from overseas countries. They always have some sob story about something, which only a little of your money can help.

4) You are a funny bug :-)

December 04, 2004 8:01 PM  
Blogger mechcanoer said...

Sorry, some times I insert paragraphs, but for the most part, I don't. It has to something with the fact that I post things as they come to my mind, and that is scrambled at best.

December 04, 2004 11:19 PM  
Blogger Sobriquet said...

hey, I haven't heard of this scam, but it definately sounds like one. And I do read your blog occassionally, I just don't have time to check blogs daily, and for a while there you didn't post.

December 05, 2004 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home