Friday, August 12, 2005

Patience

Well, I have tried to post twiced since my last time, but each time my post is lost even after blogger says,"sucessfull." Oh well. I have tried to talk about many things since my last post, but they were all just updates to how I was doing. I bought 4 books. 4 good books. The Dilbert Priciple, The Giver, The Last of the Mohicans, and The Deerslayer. I have read all but the Dilbert book. I liked all of the others and thought them good enough to buy and put them in my collection at the house after rereading them. Anyway, back to what I origionally wanted to post. I have been thinking alot about things in my life and how I want them to go, but the more I think about them and attempt to make my goals reached, the more I realize that I need to slow down and look for God's plan instead of my own. As I have talked about before, I have been looking for the one to spend the rest of my life with. I have talked to many girls, but most of them have diffrent goals than I do. I realize that some goals should be diffrent, but there are some goals that should always be the same such as trying to make God #1 in my life. I understand that wanting to do so only comes from God and only happens because God wants it to, but yeah. Most of the girls that I have talked to or know about do not have those types of goals. I find it rather depressing at times, but then again, if God wanted me to find the right one he would show her to me. What makes me really depressed is that most of the girls that are around me or that work around me are not pure. The attempt to show everything that they have, they have sex with almost every boyfriend ("I thought he was the one for me, but we did not get along after......."), and most of them smoke. Now there are a few exeptions to the above statement, but the ones that are an exception......(don't get mad at me if I leave something out here) where not ready for a relationship closer than friendship, I did not have the guts to ask them out, or they wanted nothing to do with me. There I said it. If you think that those are the wrong things to say on a blog, oh well. I have been up for 19 hours and it is way past my bed time and I need to write something here to make people think that I am still alive. Anyway, I guess what the Lord is trying to teach me is patience. At times, it is something that He gives and not something that we learn, or is it a combination of the 2? Anyway, that is what has been going through my mind the last few days while putting groceries on the shelf (I have to be thinking about something besides which can goes where). Sleep time, later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sobriquet said...

yay! you are still alive. yes, patience is hard to learn, and you're not the only one going through the long process of developing it. And congratulations on the books! Last of the Mohicans and The Giver are very good. I haven't read the other two.

August 12, 2005 10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like I am pointing out the obvious here, but the first place you should look for a Godly woman is your church. If there are not any there you could visit others. Guidance would be a good thing to pray for to go with that patience.

August 15, 2005 1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home