Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Girls

What should I say? They are creatures that are completely diffrent than us. I have yet to understand them. I know that I like being around them, but it seems that if you are not out to get a girlfriend, then they have almost nothing to do with you. I have yet to figure this out. Here is a good example. I will not say her name, but I dought anyone that will read this knows her. So, I get to talking to her, and from what I can tell, we are okay friends. This is during the wonderful freshmen activities that niether of us really wanted to participate in. For the first week of school we still talked, but as soon as she found out that I was not after a "girlfriend," she quickly disapeared and found someone that was(and she has yet to actually hold more than a 2 minut chat with me since). I guess she made a good choice, but that is none of my busness I guess. From what I have seen, most LETU girls are like that, they talk to everyone, but as soon as they can, they get a boyfriend and then disapear off the planet. They are no where to be found. This includes the ones that say that they don't want a boyfreind. That "type" finds a boy, claims that he is not their significant other, and latches on till someon notices. Then they back off for a short period of time, but soo latch back on for dear life. Yes I see it, like it or not this is the way that it is. Go ahead anmake it public, or atleast confess it to your self. Then there is another type of girl on campus that I have seen so far. This type latches on every thing that can be considered a boy then they walk all over him till the boy gets a brain and says no, or she finds one that she like more. So she then dumps him with rather unkind words (perferably in the form of a letter) and then finds the next unsuspecting boy. I am sorry if I left any types of girls on campus out. I have yet to find any others. I don't know if I am just not looking hard enough or if I am just not suposed to find anyone to chat with and get to know on campus. I don't know. Well, it has taken me entirely too long to write this and I have way too much hw to do. I am sorry if this offended you, but this is letu girls through my eyes. Hw is calling, until then, later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I have no clue who you are, other than Rachel's blog has you listed as 41daniel, but I can tell you this, if you think all the LU girls are like that, then you are SERIOUSLY mistaken. I was gonna post this anonymously, since I don't know who you are, but it says you won't allow that, so I'm gonna say this anyway...

All the girls on campus are NOT like that. Sure, those two types exist, but so do many others. There are several girls on this campus, myself and others, who look for FRIENDS. To me, that was one of the coolest things about coming to LU - I got the opportunity to be friends with guys, which I'd never had before, and there wasn't the added complication of people thinking you were after a guy just b/c you talked to him. Y'all are everywhere and unless you want to be an anti-social hermit, you pretty much have to be friends w/ guys.

Alot of girls really aren't interested in relationships and tend to back off when they find out the guy is. I know of several people who are more than willing to be friends w/ a guy, but more often than not, the guy had more in mind than friendship, and she gets freaked out and avoids him.

If you're gonna stereotype girls at LU like that, then I could just as easily stereotype the guys saying there are two kinds: those that are just out to find a girl to date and "complete" their lives and those who want nothing to do w/ girls unless they're a video game character :-P

I know neither of those to categories fit all LU guys though, but unless a person went actively seeking those who aren't, those who are different, then you're only gonna see what you want to see.

Wow, I didn't realize that I'd written so much. But I think it all needed to be said. I still don't know who you are, but I realize you've had some bad experiences, and I'm not tryin to gripe at you for that. However, what you're seeing as reality, isn't. Or at least, it isnt' the whole puzzle, merely a few warped pieces.

One last thing... Rachel's link said you were on 41, in which case, you should know that your sister floor, G2, is full of girls more than willing to be your friend for who you are, if you'd let them. 41 and G2 have one of the greatest brother/sister floor relationships ever and you could take advantage of that, if you so choose. But if you don't, that's your loss and you can continue to think whatever you want about LU girls - just remember that what ever mind set you have when you talk to them, can be easily picked up and reflected back on you. So be careful.

October 24, 2004 9:08 PM  
Blogger mechcanoer said...

ok, I am sorry liz. You are right, there is another group, but they are few and very far between. Yes you are one of the ones that are willing to do things on campus with the guys, but unfortunatly your group is very hard to get into and your group generally has tests and stuff when I have or make time to get out and stretch. Sorry for any missunderstanding Liz or the other person whom asked me about it. Later.

October 25, 2004 10:14 PM  
Blogger Sobriquet said...

So the other group consists mostly of those who are doing homework when you are not?

October 26, 2004 10:01 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

"unfortunatly your group is very hard to get into and your group generally has tests and stuff"

define tests.... i'm confused... as far as i know, the only "test" "we" would have would if the person was alive and breathing, but even then it's negotiable :-P

and to "get into" "our" group, i'm pretty sure it's the same requirement... well, that and you have to like White Christmas :)

anyway, i'm not tryin to be argumentative... i'm just curious as to what your perception is, so i can see if there's anything bein done unconciously so it can be changed...

October 27, 2004 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home