Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Summer

I remember what I thouhgt summer's definition was, a length of time to enjoy you time away from school and a time to relax outside with your friends. This is what I have always thought of summer being, but as I think about it, this is not what has happened since I was 15. When I turned 16, I have worked every waking hour (so it seems) to earn money for college, a vehicle, and in the last 2 years a cell phone (with college taking the most amount of money). Now, I have bought several computers, backpacks, all of my clothes, and tools with all this money, but what else do I have to show for it? I have almost no freinds outside of work now. I did have a few at LETU, but due to finacial reasons, I will not be able to return there before they graduate. I have also decided that it is time to go camping. I have done it several times by myself, but that is not as fun. Unfortunalty, most people that I know do not like camping, something about missing a bed or something. More than likely it is the shower thing. Anyway, I am going to have to st up a camping trip. I will have to see whom all wants to go. It would be nice if I could get friends to go, but if I need to, I will go by myself.
Then again, it has not been all that bad. I have been playing with computers alot too. I like to mess with computers especailly when there is a tough problem or something that I have not ever messed with before. Like the other day I had to find out why this computer refused to install AOL. For no reason, the computer did not want to install it. So, I had to go into the regestry and remove AOL that way and then reinstall it. It took me a bit, but I finally got it working. I always end up with the interesting problems. The ones that others have trouble answering or fixing, but that makes life interesting. I am learning about computers, but I think that I need to learn more before I open a buisness or something of that sort.
I have been thinking about my options. Looks like I will have to come up with about $500 a monht for any of them just to pay off school loans. I had origionally thought that I was going to graduate from LETU, but things happen and things change. Right now, my main goal is to go to TSTC and get a degree in Mechanical Engineering. It will be an associates degree, but a degree all the same. The options that I have been toying with are staying in Waco after I get the degree, going to Dallas after the degree, or coming back to Tyler all to finda job and work. Another thing that I have toyed with was going to Alaska and seeing if I can get a job up there. I have always been a planner. I have always had a plan whenever I did something. The whole leaving LETU thing completley turned things upside down for me. but I have to ask if that is what God intended for me to do? I think it was. Then He decided that I needed to do something else. I have learned alot about people since then also. I am one of the few people whom give everything to the company that I am working for at that moment. For instance at Walmart, I am the only stocker that cares if my department makes money. I am the only one whom cares if the shelves are full and look good. If I say anything to anyone about the way that they are doing things, they just look at me funny. I guess that I am just too diffrent for them. I take things too seriously for them. So, I have been questioning what I should do. I thought I was suposed to go to LETU, get a job, and marry someone I met along the way, but things have changed. I have been praying for answers, but all I get is the word patience. That is something that I know I need to work on. I have never had it. That is why I get so much done at work. I have always blamed it on the ADD, but I know that it is also something that I have to work on. Anyway, this is getting depressing. I will shut up now and watch a movie or something. Later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

does anyone actually read this stuff? Is this guy real?

July 24, 2006 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home