Sunday, August 27, 2006

Apartment

Well, I moved into my apartment yesterday. I ended up with the apartment with 4 bedrooms. There are 3 other guys. 2 of them are ME and the third is a welder(or however you spell it, I am too lazy to look it up today). It is nice. It was rather funny to see the diffrence in the types of parents. 2 sets could not make it. One set like literally kicked their son and his stuff out of the car and left. The last set stayed almost all day and I was begining to wonder if they were moving in too. I went to my new church today. I liked the sermon. I am not too sure about the Sunday School or the Communion, both were diffrent than what I am use to. I thought that it was rather wierd, I only saw one couple that was older than 50. Most of the college age people that were there for the sermon did not show up for Sunday School. It was rather interesting. Of my age group, most of them were from Baylor and most of them were girls. Most of the people there were not in the tax bracket that I am used to dealing with at Walmart. Communion was diffrent, everyone walked to the front of the sanctary and recieved and consumed the elements there. I am used to the elements being passed out by the elders and the entire congergation waiting till everyone was served until consumption. It just seemed less formal to me. I don't think that there is anything wrong, but it just did not feel right. Pastor Simmons was right about one thing, it is going to be hard to plug down here. Anyway, now I am looking for something to do. No classes till tomorrow, so there isn't any hw, and there isn't any church activities today. Work hasn't started either. Well, if all else fails, Quake 3. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home