Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Last Week

Well, this is my last week of freedom. Monday night was my last night to stock at the Lindale Walmart. I don't have to officially work again till September 4, 2006. Wow, I have almost 2 weeks off. I move into my apartment this Saturday. This will be my first time to live on an almost permenante basis where I am atleast 200 miles from my parents. THis could be a good thing for me. I have picked out a church in Waco already. I will attend services for the first time this Sunday. http://www.redeemerwaco.org/ I have listened to their online sermons and have talked to my Pastor about going down there. Bothe my Assistant Pastor and my Pastor have friends at this church, so that should make the transition easier. I have grown up with my current church. I was there even before I was born. I know everyone there and they know me. I like my church because alot of my local chrches are centered on saving people and that is it. Myy church not only wants to save you, but wants to educate you. There are some brilliant people at my church. People that could give Dr. Hummel a run for his money in a theological debate. The Lord reciently brought us another pastor. Our last one retireed after 15 or so years. I believe that we needed this change. Our new pastor actually stands up for the things that he believes. This has caused our church to loose a few people, but by the looks of things, that was a good thing (ask me and I will tell you the details that I know about). Anyway, I have a few days off before going to school. So far, I have started cleaning my room. I will not finish until after all my bags are packed and in the truck. When this happens, I am going to fill up the dumpster with whatever I think that I will not use in a year or 2 (of course all old clothes will either be thrown away or taken to Goodwill depending on the condition). Here in 2 hours or so, I will be making a trip to Waco to pay tuition and my first month's rent. Tuition has to be paid before 5pm friday, or you will have to reregister on Monday (monday is when classes start). I looked at paying the 2 thigns online, but the charges for doing so would add up close to $80. It only costs me a little under $70 to fill up my truck, so I decided that I wanted out of the house. I have one more service call for Nexicore. They sent me an lcd monitor. I am suposed to install it, but I can not seem to get in touch with the guy. Oh well. I will give him 4 more calls and send it back if he refuses to return my calls (I would keep it and close out the call, but it is cheaper for me to buy one at Walmart than it is to buy one from them). Also, I got bored with Linux. It works all the time. I have no trouble with it, so I installed Windows again. I felt like I needed a challenge. Don't worry, I still have my linux hard drive, all I have to do is plug it back in. I have been downloading all sorts of stuff to make Windows work. So far, out of a 200gig hard drive, I have used 25.8 gigs. I still have not put my anime or my music on the drive. I have installed a few of my games, but not all of them. I haven't even installed my mapping software. Nor have I put my pictures on my computer yet. I still have a few pictures from my first roommate if anyone from 41 is insterested. Oh Well, good thing I have this large hard drive. I found a neet progra, called Windowsblinds. Basically, you can download premade skins to go on your desktop. I found one that looks remarkably like my linux desktop. I have been playing Mechwarrior 4, but unfortunatly there is something wrong with the install, so I swithced to Battlefield 1942. I got bored with that, so now I am here blogging. Well, it is almost time to run. I had better get ready to go. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home