Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Shoulder

Well, I was talking about work ethics because it is something that I have noticed that not many people have any more. It could be because that most employeers seem to fire the people that are close to retirement that have put their entire life into a company, but I could just be wrong. Anyway, the other night I hurt my shoulder. I threw it out of socket, again. basically, I was haveing to do the work of about 5 other people due to the fact that 18 people could not take care of a small grocery and general merchandise truck (so what if 6 people called in, at my previous job 4 people could have thrown the freight and left by lunch if we did not face the store). So, basically I was flying. I threw Infants, zoned it, and then threw all dairy. I was throwing cases of juice to the top of the storage shelves when my shoulder decided that it did not want to be in socket any more. Well, that hurts a little bit and it happens often, so it was not that bad. The bad part was when it went back into socket. It took nerve with it or it stretched my rotator cuff more than normal. One way or the other, it hurt. There were people coming into the cooler asking if I fell or something. Well, needless to say, that was 2 nights ago and my shoulder is still killing me. It took me about 40 minutes to work it back into place or whatever and make it so that I could use it to pick stuff up.
Inorder to understand what caused me this problem to begin with, you have to know that I broke it about an inch below the socket when I was 13 or 14. They told me at the time that I may have torn my rotator cuff, but at the time it was not bad enough to need to operate. So, now I think I need to take it in and get it looked at, but not till I get some sort of insurance. I have not looked at prices, but I know that I will not be able to afford anything at this point in time. So, basically I am going to hit up my place of employement to purchase something to keep the pain down to a more acceptable tolerance. Anyway, time to run, later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds awful. Somehow, you've got to get that checked out.

August 05, 2006 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home